Saturday 3 January 2009

Good Blogs and Bad

The King's Art looks like being a beautiful and intelligent blog. The author seems to want to combine some serious social commentary with beautiful pictures of boys (or pictures of beautiful boys - I guess it comes to the same thing).

This is his intro:
Would you like the liberty to look at beautiful pictures in a proper and safe manner without having to hide in shame? Do you miss the "good old days" when men could help boys and openly adore them within reasonable limits? Well, follow me, and I'll show you that the "good old days" were not nearly good enough, and we can do better, right now!

Don't forget that in the "good old days" people were naive, and some evil men were abusing boys. Now the pendulum has gone too far. Lord Baden-Powell loved looking at boy photos, even nude ones. Today he would be sitting in prison somewhere, and he would have never helped 400,000,000 boys through his organization, the Boy Scouts, without ever personally harming any of them.

What I'm saying is that men can have it all. We can be respected and not feared. We can work with children, safely, and we can relate well with our peers and our wives. We can have it all. It will just take effort.
I can only hope that I'll end up being able to make this blog the same. I'd only add that it wouldn't just be Lord Baden-Powell who'd be in the clink, but Sir James Barrie, General Gordon, Charles Lutwidge-Dodgson and T H White would quite probably be joining him.

In any event, the blogosphere would be a better place with more blogs like this around. But of course there's a certain sort of blog of which we could probably do with fewer. This one is a good example. It's called "boi oh boi" and it's pictures of young men, not boys, some of whom are quite handsome and many of which are hardcore. One sort of gets the impression that the author has sort of missed the point of his own emotions.

3 comments:

  1. Dear "Montague",

    Thank you for doing this review. I've read everything in your site and its fascinating. Please court a woman as soon as possible and pass your interesting genes on to, hopefully, several wonderful children! This is basically the advice that W. Shakespeare gave to W.H., the male who was the subject of about half of his love sonnets. Sound advice for people with a gay side, such as you and me. Nothing makes one feel more like a man, or appreciate femininity more, than to be with a woman. I do hope that I stay out of prison and can correspond with you. Would probably enjoy meeting you. Yours Truly,

    TDK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your Majesty, I hope you stay out of prison too.

    At the moment it's my financial and social position that's more of a problem for me when it comes to courting than sexuality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then I hope a wealthy, hot and humble woman wants to please you immediately! I'm not allowed to speak about my woman, but, unfortunately, I can admit that she is not wealthy...

    ReplyDelete